According to The Cleveland Clinic, posture is the position in which you hold your body upright against gravity while standing, sitting or lying down. Good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit and lie in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities.
Below are eight major benefits of good posture alignment:
1) Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
2) Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
3) Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
4) Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
5) Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
6) Prevents strain or overuse problems.
7) Prevents backache and muscular pain.
8) Contributes to a good appearance.
Enter, the YogaForce A-Line Mat. It helps one to FOCUS on Good Posture Alignment.
I developed this mat after I suffered an injury in a car accident, thus causing my body to be out of alignment. The patented grid cues proper body awareness and guides direction on where to place your hands and feet. Use of the mat helped me to fix my injuries and made me about an inch taller in the process and I am happy to share it with other people who have had car accidents, falls or sports injuries. See more reviews on The YogaForce A-Line Mat from Dr Andrew Weil to The American College of Sports Medicine @ www.yogaforce.com